- Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 August 2012 12:09
- Published on Wednesday, 22 August 2012 12:08
Search crews today recovered the body of 35 year-old Juan Miguel Gonzales of Sioux City. Gonzales had gone into West Lake Okoboji while boating on Sunday afternoon around 5 p.m. He was located this morning around 9:30am by members of the Arnolds Park/Okoboji Dive Team who were conducting a surface search of the lake in the area south of Pikes Point where Gonzales was last seen.
Search operations had been ongoing by divers and surface crews since Gonzales went missing.
The Dickinson County Sheriff's Office was assisted by the following agencies in the search operation:
- Arnolds Park/Okoboji Dive Team
- Spirit Lake Fire Department - Water Rescue Team
- Dickinson County Emergency Management
- Iowa Department of Natural Resources
- Okoboji Police Department
- Arnolds Park Police Department
- Spirit Lake Police Department
- Sanford (Sioux Falls) Helicopter - Aerial Search
- Sioux County Dive Team
In addition to these agencies, there were numerous residents and businesses that assisted with the operation by providing or donating goods and services. The Sheriff's Office wishes to thank them as well for their assistance.