- Last Updated on Monday, 20 August 2012 12:54
- Published on Monday, 20 August 2012 12:53
Search operations resumed at sunrise today for a person who drowned yesterday in West Lake Okoboji.
Crews are searching an area approximately 90 acres in size and in 40 feet of water for 35-year old Juan Miguel Gonzales from Sioux City.
More information will be posted here as it becomes available. The incident remains under investigation and the agencies listed in the previous release remain on the scene today.
At approximately 5pm Sunday, the Dickinson County Communications Center received a 911 call of a person missing in West Lake Okoboji. It was reported that the male victim entered the water from a boat and did not resurface. A full search was conducted until dark and will resume again in the morning. A surface search of the area will continue throughout the night.
The name of the victim will not be released at this time pending notification of family.
Agencies involved in the search include:
- Dickinson County Sheriff's Office
- Arnolds Park/Okoboji Dive Team
- Spirit Lake Fire Department
- Okoboji Police Department
- Iowa Department of Natural Resources
- Dickinson County Emergency Management
Media: Any future releases will be made via this website only.