- Last Updated on Tuesday, 29 November -0001 18:00
- Published on Tuesday, 10 April 2012 08:50
On Monday, April 9 at approximately 8:11pm, the Dickinson County Communications Center took a report of a missing person in the West Okoboji Harbor area. Upon investigation it was determined that the person may have fallen from a dock. The Arnolds Park/Okoboji Dive Team was notified and began a search of the area with the Spirit Lake Fire Department.
At 9:42pm, divers recovered the body of 85 year-old Frederick Boer from Sanborn, Iowa, in about six to seven feet of water at the end of a dock where it was believed he had been fishing earlier in the day.
The Dickinson County Sheriff's Office was assisted by:
- Arnolds Park/Okoboji Dive Team
- Spirit Lake Fire Department
- Lakes Regional Hospital Ambulance
- Iowa Department of Natural Resources
- Dickinson County Emergency Management
- Dickinson County Communications Center