- Last Updated on Friday, 04 November 2011 07:45
- Published on Friday, 04 November 2011 07:41
DCSO arrested two people on a traffic stop on the evening of Nov 1. A Sheriff's Deputy stopped the vehicle in Wahpeton for failing to stop at a stop sign. The driver, Sarah Farrell (33) of Spirit Lake, was found to be in violation of a protection order with a passenger of the vehicle. A passenger, Joshua Carlson (33) of Spirit Lake, was arrested for aiding and abetting the violation of a protection order and interference with official acts for giving Sheriff's Deputies a false name. A vehicle inventory was performed and controlled substance (to wit: marijuana) was found.
Both were booked into the Dickinson County Jail on the following charges:
- Violation of a protection order
- Possession of a controlled substance - Marijuana
- Failure to obey a stop sign
- Aiding and abetting the violation of a protection order
- Interference with official acts
DCSO was assisted on scene by the DCSO K-9 Unit
All persons are innocent until proven guilty.