- Last Updated on Thursday, 03 April 2014 14:54
- Published on Thursday, 03 April 2014 05:10
On March 28, 2014 a report was made that a Yellow Volkswagon Bug was traveling at an excess of 100 mph. A deputy located the vehicle and conducted a traffic stop in the 1200 Block of Highway 9. The deputy could smell a strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle.
The Dickinson County Sheriff's Office K-9 was then deployed. The K-9 indicated that there was the presence of a controlled substance in the vehicle. Upon a subsequent search of the vehicle, several baggies of marijuana, alcohol, and tobacco were located in the vehicle.
The juveniles were then transported to the Dickinson County Sheriff's Office. They were cited into juvenile courts and released to their parents.
They were charged with:
- Possession of a Controlled Substance (Marijuana)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Minor in Possession of Alcohol
- Minor in Possession of Tobacco
The Dickinson County Sheriff's Office was assisted by their K-9 and the Osceola County Sheriff's Office.