- Last Updated on Monday, 15 July 2013 15:06
- Published on Monday, 15 July 2013 14:47
DCSO investigated a two vehicle accident that occurred in the 2700 block of Hwy 9, east of Spirit Lake, 7-15-2013 at approximately 5:58AM.
Joaquin Ramos-Lopez (33) of Estherville IA was driving 1999 Isuzu westbound. Ramos Lopez had slowed to turn into a private driveway. A 1999 Ford F-350 was driven westbound by Victor Vetsouvanh (23) of Mountain Lake MN. The Ford ran into the rear of the Isuzu.
The four occupants of the Isuzu were transported to Lakes Regional by Ambulance. Those transported were:
- Joaquin Ramos-Lopez (33) of Estherville IA Non-Incapacitating Injuries
- Rodrigo Ramos Estherville IA Non-Incapacitating Injuries
- Juan Lopes-Torres Estheriville IA Non-Incapacitating Injuries
- Juaquin Padron-Morales Incapacitating Injuries
Vetsouvanh received possible injuries but was not tranported to LRH.
Damage was estmated at $5000 to the Isuzu and $5000 to the Ford.
DCSO thanks the following for their assistance on scene:
- Spirit Lake Police
- Iowa State Patrol
- Spirit Lake First Responders
- Spirit Lake Ambulance
- Terril Ambulance